Friday, April 5, 2013

Day 95, April 5, Luke 13

And he told this parable:“A man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard, and he came seeking fruit on it and found none. 7 And he said to the vinedresser, ‘Look, for three years now I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and I find none. Cut it down. Why should it use up the ground? ’ 8 And he answered him, ‘Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and put on manure. Then if it should bear fruit next year, well and good; but if not, you can cut it down. ’” (ESV)

I like this because it makes me think about second chances. The tree isn't bearing fruit yet the vine dresser says give me one more year let me dig around it and fertilize it and see if it will start bearing fruit. Jesus wants us to bear fruit He wants to help us get there. That's good news!

1 comment:

  1. Luke 13
    29-30 People will come from all over the world and will eat in the kingdom of God. Some who are last will be first, and some who are first will be last.”

    33-35 But I must be on my way today, tomorrow, and the next day. It’s not possible for a prophet to die outside Jerusalem. “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you kill the prophets and stone to death those sent to you! How often I wanted to gather your children together the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings! But you were not willing! Your house will be abandoned. I can guarantee that you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord!’”

    ReplyDelete