I'm kind of glad I saved this Psalm to finish the year. It's extremely encouraging on the importance of reading God's Word and taking it to heart.
Here's the footnote from www.biblegateway.com regarding Psalm 119:
This psalm is a Hebrew acrostic poem; there are twenty-two stanzas, one for each successive letter of the Hebrew alphabet. Each of the eight verses within each stanza begins with the Hebrew letter named in its heading.
This Psalm opens with letting us know what it takes to be joyful:
- People of integrity
- People who follow God's instructions
- People who obey God's laws
- People who search for Him
- People who do not compromise
- People who walk only on God's path