Thursday, December 13, 2012

December 13, Psalm 119:1-8

Click here to go to Psalm 119:1-8

I'm kind of glad I saved this Psalm to finish the year. It's extremely encouraging on the importance of reading God's Word and taking it to heart.
Here's the footnote from www.biblegateway.com regarding Psalm 119:
This psalm is a Hebrew acrostic poem; there are twenty-two stanzas, one for each successive letter of the Hebrew alphabet. Each of the eight verses within each stanza begins with the Hebrew letter named in its heading.

This Psalm opens with letting us know what it takes to be joyful:
  • People of integrity
  • People who follow God's instructions
  • People who obey God's laws
  • People who search for Him
  • People who do not compromise 
  • People who walk only on God's path
I love the last line and seem to pray it often, "Please don't give up on me!"

2 comments:

  1. Psalm 119:1-8
    1-2 Blessed are those whose lives have integrity, those who follow the teachings of the Lord. Blessed are those who obey his written instructions. They wholeheartedly search for him.

    Deuteronomy 4:29
    But if from there you shall seek the LORD your God, you shall find him, if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.

    Jeremiah 29:13
    And you shall seek me, and find me, when you shall search for me with all your heart.

    Psalm 119
    4-5 You have commanded that your guiding principles be carefully followed. I pray that my ways may become firmly established so that I can obey your laws.

    Proverbs 4:26
    Carefully consider the path for your feet, and all your ways will be established.

    Psalm 119
    7 I will give thanks to you as I learn your regulations, which are based on your righteousness.

    Philippians 2
    10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
    11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

    ReplyDelete