Thursday, September 26, 2013

Day 269, September 26 - 2 Timothy 4

Click here for today's reading


1 And now I bring you this charge before God and Jesus the Anointed, the one destined to judge the living and the dead, at His glorious appearance and His kingdom: 2 go out and preach the word! Go whether it’s an opportune time or not! Reprove, warn, and encourage; but do so with all the patience and instruction needed to fulfill your calling 3 because a time will come when some will no longer tolerate sound teaching. Instead, they will live by their own desires; they’ll scratch their itching ears by surrounding themselves with teachers who approve of their lifestyles and tell them what they want to hear.

Paul spends a lot of time talking about calling with Timothy, something I need to hear about right now.

4 comments:

  1. 2 Timothy 4
    16 At my first hearing no one stood up in my defense. Everyone abandoned me. I pray that it won’t be held against them. 17 However, the Lord stood by me and gave me strength so that I could finish spreading the Good News for all the nations to hear. I was snatched out of a lion’s mouth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, I wonder what I would do if I had been asked to defend Paul. Everyone else abandoned him. I probably would have done the same. :-(

      Delete
  2. Oh, yes, Holly...that pesky 'calling" thing. :-) I've been working on that myself lately. It is funny how things seem to fall in place when I actually listen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since stepping away from being in charge of worship at my church, I've struggled with "what is my calling?"

    ReplyDelete