Saturday, May 18, 2013

Day 138, May 18 - Psalm 62 & 63

Click here for today's reading

Psalm 62:1,2 - My soul quietly waits for the True God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my deliverance, my citadel high on the hill, I will not be shaken.

Psalm 63:1-4: O True God, You are my God, the One whom I trust. I see You with every fiber of my being. In this dry and weary land with no water in sight, my soul is dry and longs for You. My body aches for You, for Your presence. I have seen You in Your sanctuary and have been awed by Your power and glory. Your steadfast love is better than life itself, so my lips will give you all my praise. I will bless You with every breath of my life; I will lift up my hands in praise to Your name.
The Voice

1 comment:

  1. Psalm 62
    1-2 My soul waits calmly for God alone. My salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my savior—my stronghold. I cannot be severely shaken.

    5-8 Wait calmly for God alone, my soul, because my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my savior—my stronghold. I cannot be shaken. My salvation and my glory depend on God. God is the rock of my strength, my refuge. Trust him at all times, you people. Pour out your hearts in his presence. God is our refuge. Selah

    9 Common people are only a whisper in the wind. Important people are only a delusion. When all of them are weighed on a scale, they amount to nothing. They are less than a whisper in the wind.

    Psalm 63
    1-4 O God, you are my God. At dawn I search for you. My soul thirsts for you. My body longs for you in a dry, parched land where there is no water. So I look for you in the holy place to see your power and your glory. My lips will praise you because your mercy is better than life itself. So I will thank you as long as I live. I will lift up my hands to pray in your name.

    7-8 You have been my help. In the shadow of your wings, I sing joyfully. My soul clings to you. Your right hand supports me.

    ReplyDelete