Friday, May 24, 2013

Day 144, May 24 - Acts 24

Click here for today's reading

23-25 

Then he [Felix] gave orders to the centurion that he should be kept in custody but have some liberty, and that none of his friends should be prevented from attending to his needs. After some days Felix came with his wife Drusilla, who was Jewish, and he sent for Paul and heard him speak about faith in Christ Jesus. And as he reasoned about righteousness and self-control and the coming judgment, Felix was alarmed and said, "Go away for the present. When I get an opportunity I will summon you."

I wonder which aspect alarmed Felix enough to send Paul away. Of course, the next verse tells us that he was hoping to get a payoff from Paul. 

1 comment:

  1. Acts 24
    14-16 But I can make this confession: I believe everything established by the Law and written in the Prophets, and I worship the God of our ancestors according to the Way, which they call a heretical sect.
    Here is my crime: I have a hope in God that there will be a resurrection of both the just and unjust, which my opponents also share. Because of this hope, I always do my best to live with a clear conscience toward God and all people.

    ReplyDelete