Friday, August 3, 2012

August 3, Day 216 - 2 Corinthians 13

Click here to go to 2 Corinthians 13

Paul again challenges the church in Corinth to clean up their act before he gets there. God is so gracious, He gives us His Word to teach us, to help us "clean up our act." And when we don't listen, He often sends us a "Paul" to encourage us some more!

Even though he gives them some strong words I love how he ends the letter:
11 Dear brothers and sisters, I close my letter with these last words: Be joyful. Grow to maturity. Encourage each other. Live in harmony and peace. Then the God of love and peace will be with you.
12 Greet each other with Christian love. 13 All of God’s people here send you their greetings.
14 May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

So good! 

Blessings!

3 comments:

  1. This is probably my favorite closing. The NKJV says "Become complete. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you."

    I just love the idea of completeness--that God doesn't want us to have a partially fulfilling life, he doesn't want us to lack anything (and I don't mean "things"). He wants us to be whole in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree. Wonderful closing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 Corinthians 13 (The Voice)
    2 As I said before on my second visit, I say now again while absent. Consider this an advance warning, if you wish, to those of you still caught up in your own sins and to all the rest as well: when I come the next time, I will not spare anyone who is out of
    order.

    5-8 Examine yourselves. Check your faith! Are you really in the faith? Do you still not know that Jesus the Anointed is in you?--unless, of course, you have failed the test. Surely you will realize we have not failed the test, but we pray to God that you will stay away from evil. What's important is not whether we appear to have passed the test, but that you do what is right and act honorably, even if it appears that we have failed.

    9b Our prayer is simple: that you may be whole and complete.

    ReplyDelete