Friday, August 31, 2012

August 31, Day 244 - Colossians 4

Click here to go to Colossians 4

Not sure how I messed up the calendar, but I did.. I'll get it fixed probably the beginning of next week since the end of this week and the weekend are crazy busy... SORRY!

As Paul closes this letter he gives a direction about prayer that I haven't noticed before:
Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart. Pray for us, too, that God will give us many opportunities to speak about his mysterious plan concerning Christ. That is why I am here in chains. Pray that I will proclaim this message as clearly as I should.

Alert mind... 


2 comments:

  1. "5 Live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity. 6 Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone."

    I didn't remember ever reading this passage and it was the PERFECT passage for me today. Thank you, Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colossians 4
    8 I’m sending him to you so that you may know how we are doing and so that he may encourage you.

    9-14 I’m sending
    ~ a trustworthy partner in the Lord’s work
    ~ a faithful and dear brother from your city
    ~ greetings from converts from the Jewish religion working with me for God’s kingdom and provided comfort
    ~ intense prayer prayed for you to continue to be mature and completely convinced of everything that God wants
    ~ greetings from my dear friend

    15 Greet our brothers and sisters in Laodicea,
    especially Nympha and the church that meets in her house.

    16 After you have read this letter, read it in the church at Laodicea.
    Make sure that you also read the letter from Laodicea.
    17 Tell Archippus to complete all the work that he started as the Lord’s servant.
    18b God’s good will be with you.

    ReplyDelete