Monday, February 18, 2013

Day 49, Feb. 18 - 1 Thess. 3

Click here for today's reading

First off sorry to be late with posting, between being sick yesterday and my internet was SUPER slow I just couldn't get it done. Thankfully I woke up this morning feeling significantly better and I'm posting from work.


But now that Timothy has come to us from you, and has brought us the good news of your faith and love and reported that you always remember us kindly and long to see us, as we long to see you--
for this reason, brothers, in all our distress and affliction we have been comforted about you through your faith.

If Paul sent Timothy to our churches, what report would he take back!?!?  I think for my church it would be good news overall. We try very hard to make those who visit feel welcomed and a part of our church. We have room to grow, no doubt.

3 comments:

  1. I think Timothy would come back with good news from our church, too. The only thing I think he would say is that we need to GET OUT into the community more.

    Holly, I pray you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! And thank you for the prayers! It appears that it was what I ate Saturday night. I was amazed how good I felt when I woke up this morning!

      Delete
  2. 1 Thessalonians 3
    1-3 We thought it best to remain in Athens by ourselves. But, because we couldn’t wait any longer for news about you, we sent our brother Timothy to you. He serves God by spreading the Good News about Christ. His mission was to strengthen and encourage you in your faith so that these troubles don’t disturb any of you. You know that we’re destined to suffer persecution.
    ~*~
    So important for us to have those travel to us to check our progress and to bring an encouraging word beyond our day to day.

    ReplyDelete