Sunday, February 24, 2013

Day 55, Feb. 23 - Psalm 26, 27

Click here for today's reading


4 One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple. 5 For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock.
13 I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living! 14Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!



1 comment:

  1. Psalm 26
    2 Examine me, O Lord, and test me. Look closely into my heart and mind.

    Psalm 139
    1 O Lord, you have examined me, and you know me.

    23-24 Examine me, O God, and know my mind. Test me, and know my thoughts. See whether I am on an evil path. Then lead me on the everlasting path.

    Psalm 26
    8 O Lord, I love the house where you live, the place where your glory dwells.

    12 My feet stand on level ground. I will praise the Lord with the choirs in worship.

    Psalm 27
    1 The Lord is my light and my salvation. Who is there to fear? The Lord is my life’s fortress. Who is there to be afraid of?

    3 Even though an army sets up camp against me, my heart will not be afraid. Even though a war breaks out against me, I will still have confidence in the Lord.

    4 I have asked one thing from the Lord. This I will seek: to remain in the Lord’s house all the days of my life in order to gaze at the Lord’s beauty and to search for an answer in his temple.

    5-6 He hides me in his shelter when there is trouble. He keeps me hidden in his tent. He sets me high on a rock. Now my head will be raised above my enemies who surround me. I will offer sacrifices with shouts of joy in his tent. I will sing and make music to praise the Lord.

    8 When you said,“Seek my face,” my heart said to you, “O Lord, I will seek your face.”

    10 Even if my father and mother abandon me, the Lord will take care of me.

    13-14 I believe that I will see the goodness of the Lord in this world of the living. Wait with hope for the Lord. Be strong, and let your heart be courageous. Yes, wait with hope for the Lord.

    ReplyDelete