Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Day 288, October 15 - Mark 13

Click here for today's reading


9 “But be on your guard. For they will deliver you over to councils, and you will be beaten in synagogues, and you will stand before governors and kings for my sake, to bear witness before them. 10 And the gospel must first be proclaimed to all nations. 11 And when they bring you to trial and deliver you over, do not be anxious beforehand what you are to say, but say whatever is given you in that hour, for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit. 12 And brother will deliver brother over to death, and the father his child, and children will rise against parents and have them put to death. 13 And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.

3 comments:

  1. I've been reading about the martyrs in the first few centuries and so much of this came to pass in those days. I just never know completely what I would do if I am ever put to the test like that. I'd like to think I'd endure, but there is a piece of me that wonders why it is important to endure. I wonder how many people were converted and saved because of the acts of faith of the martyrs. Maybe, that is the answer to "why".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right Sharon. When you see someone willing to be tortured and die for a cause it has to have an amazing impact in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark 13
    9b-11 You will stand in front of governors and kings to testify to them because of me. But first, the Good News must be spread to all nations. When they take you away to hand you over to the authorities, don’t worry ahead of time about what you will say. Instead, say whatever is given to you to say when the time comes. Indeed, you are not the one who will be speaking, but the Holy Spirit will.

    ReplyDelete