But Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart.
When you look at Mary's life
- She has an angel visit her to tell her she's going to have a baby
- Her elderly aunt is pregnant for the first time
- When she visits that aunt she prophesies over her
- She has a baby in a manger
- Shepherds show up to celebrate the birth because angels told them to
- She takes her child to the temple where Simeon and Anna celebrate and prophesy about her child
- Not in the Luke account but Magi visit her with gifts for her child because a star lead them
- Her pre-teen son discusses scripture with the religious leaders
The things she had treasured up were absolutely amazing!
Was it enough to help her through watching her first born son being crucified? I know some of you have lost children and I can't even begin to imagine the pain you've been through.