Tuesday, January 12, 2016

January 12 - Luke 8

Today's Reading - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%208&version=VOICE

This chapter is packed with so many things:


  • The Parable of the Sower (makes we ask myself, what kind of soil am I today?)
  • Jesus identifying who his real family (Mother/Brothers) are?
  • Jesus shows His authority over the environment as he calms the sea. (He shows he has peace in every situation and that he needs rest like we do)
  • Jesus shows His authority over evil. (And we see pigs would rather commit suicide than live with demons in them)
  • Jesus shows His authority over illness as well as his compassion. The woman was ceremonially unclean and shouldn't have been in the crowd. Surprised the religious leaders didn't have something to say about that.
  • And we see Jesus authority over death I believe for the first time in Luke. 
We need to be reminded that Jesus has authority over these things, he also gave us that authority as well. I know I'm not living up to that potential. Next question, how do I get there?

No comments:

Post a Comment