Thursday, January 14, 2016

January 14 - Luke 10

Today's Reading - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%2010&version=VOICE

Oh how often I'm a "Martha" busy doing things for the Lord rather than being a "Mary" and just spending time at His feet listening to Him...

38 Jesus continued from there toward Jerusalem and came to another village. Martha, a resident of that village, welcomed Jesus into her home. 39 Her sister, Mary, went and sat at Jesus’ feet, listening to Him teach. 40 Meanwhile Martha was anxious about all the hospitality arrangements.
Martha (interrupting Jesus): Lord, why don’t You care that my sister is leaving me to do all the work by myself? Tell her to get over here and help me.
Jesus: 41 Oh Martha, Martha, you are so anxious and concerned about a million details, 42 but really, only one thing matters. Mary has chosen that one thing, and I won’t take it away from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment