This is such a beautiful Psalm. I also read it from my copy of The Voice of Psalms. I'll share some of the verses.
1) Release your heart's joy in sweet music to the Eternal One. When the upright passionately sing glory-filled songs to Him, everything is in its right place.
2) Worship the Eternal One with your instruments, strings offerings their praise; write awe-filled songs to Him on the 10-stringed harp.
3) Sing to the Eternal a new song; play each the best way you can, and don't be afraid to be bold with your joyful feelings.
4) For the word of the Eternal One is perfect and true; His actions are always faithful and right...
8) Let all people stand in awe of the Eternal One; let every man, woman, and child live in wonder of Him.
9) For He spoke, and all things came into being. A single command from His lips, and all creation obeyed and stood it ground...
18) Listen, the eye of the Eternal One is upon those who live in awe of Him, those who hope in His steadfast love,
19) That He may save them from the darkness of the grave and be kept alive during the lean seasons.
20) We live with hope in the Eternal One. We wait for him, for He is our Divine Help and Impenetrable Shield.
21) Our hearts erupt with joy in Him because we trust His holy name.
22) O Eternal One, drench us with your endless love, even now as we wait for You.
As of 4/12/12 The bonded leather was the same price as the imitation leather $43.99 Amazon only shows a hard cover (25.32) and paperback version (43.64)
|The Voice Complete Bible, Bonded leather, black
By Thomas Nelson
The Voice is a faithful dynamic equivalent translation that reads like a story with all the truth and wisdom of God’s Word.Through compelling narratives, poetry, and teaching, The Voice invites readers to enter into the whole story of God with their heart, soul, and mind, enabling them to hear God speaking and to experience His presence in their lives. Through a collaboration of more than 120 biblical scholars, pastors, writers, musicians, poets, and artists, The Voice recaptures the passion, grit, humor, and beauty that is often lost in the translation process. The result is a retelling of the story of the Bible in a form as fluid as modern literary works, yet remaining painstakingly true to the original manuscripts.