Friday, April 27, 2012

April 28, Day 119 - Psalm 40

Click here to go to Psalm 40

Another prayer where the author is crying out for help. Even though at time he feels like God isn't listening (v1) he soon acknowledges that it is God that lifts him up from the dark place, the pit and sits him on a warm rock. There is so much comfort when your toasty warm.

The author also speaks to the fact that God didn't want sacrifices and offerings but He wants us to listen. Isn't that true today?  It's so easy to "do things for God" rather than to listen to Him.

The Voice Bible translate verses 16 and 17 in a way that really makes sense to me:
But may all who look for You discover true joy and happiness in You. May those who cherish how You save them always say, "O Eternal One, You are great and are first in our hearts.
Meanwhile, I am empty and need so much, but I know the Lord is thinking of me. You are my help; only You can save me, my True God. Please hurry.

Lately, I've felt that, "empty and need so much" but God does think of me and He is my help and the only one that can save me!
God is Good!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Psalm! I rejoice today. A huge burden was lifted from me yesterday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psalm 40
    2 He pulled me out of a horrible pit, out of the mud and clay. He set my feet on a rock and made my steps secure.

    I am reminded of going into our garden of Arkansas clay as a child, after a soaking rain, and needing help to get out. With each footstep I went further down, even putting a piece of board out to try to get me out with the suction was difficult. He places me on a firm foundation with a clear path. Come this way, follow Me.

    3 He placed a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see this and worship. They will trust the Lord.

    My mouth... Many will see... They will trust... Our Bible study this morning in The Resolution for Women book was on Integrity. Are we standing in wholeness that will draw others to Christ? There is a mention of a sliver that becomes a river. One woman had been to the beginning of the Mississippi River in Minnesota and it was about three feet in width. Crossing the bridge in St. Louis, you cannot see in either direction beyond it's width. It flows on to the ocean.

    5b You have made many wonderful plans for us.

    I also remember the drought, and the cracked surface with all the lines split open every which way. Lord, help me to be so watered by Your Word in prepared soil that I not be prone to take something else in in place of You and what You have for me in areas where dried cracks remain. To plow up my fallow ground, digging deep where undisturbed and content. (Jeremiah 4:3)
    Psalm 139:23-24 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.
    Psalm 19:12 Who can discern his errors? Acquit me of hidden faults.
    Psalm 16:11 You will make known to me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.

    8 I am happy to do your will, O my God. Your teachings are deep within me.

    Here is the answer to exchanging my will for Your will, Lord. Studying your Word to know Truth and apply it within my heart.

    16 Let all who seek You rejoice and be glad because of You.

    Jesus, Jesus
    Holy and anointed One, Jesus
    Jesus, Jesus
    Risen and exalted One, Jesus

    Your name is like honey on my lips
    Your Spirit like water to my soul
    Your Word is a lamp unto my feet
    Jesus, I love You, I love You

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olBnC2nxCNw
    Brian Doerksen: Holy and anointed One

    ReplyDelete