Saturday, April 28, 2012

April 29, Day 120 - Proverbs 10

Click here to read Proverbs 10

This chapter contains proverbs that contrast righteous living versus unrighteous living. Many verses deal with the words and their importance. One of my favorite is verse 19:

Too much talk leads to sin.
    Be sensible and keep your mouth shut.
The Voice says it this way:
 The more you talk, the more likely you will cross the line and say the wrong thing; but if you are wise you'll speak less and with restraint.
On yes, I need to restrain my mouth sometimes!

2 comments:

  1. Proverbs 10
    9 Whoever lives honestly will live securely, but whoever lives dishonestly will be found out.

    Leviticus 25
    18 If you want to live securely in the land, follow my decrees and obey my regulations.
    19 The land will give you its products, and you will eat all you want and live there securely.

    Deuteronomy 33:12
    About the tribe of Benjamin he said, “The Lord’s beloved people will live securely with him. The Lord will shelter them all day long, since he, too, lives on the mountain slopes.”

    All of Chapter 33, Moses blesses the 12 tribes of Israel. Verse 12 came real to me when I was on a missions trip. We were praying at twilight for those living in the houses thickly built upward on the mountainside, watching the lights come on sprinkled up the hillside. Living in the Ozark mountains now on our hilltop, this comes alive.

    Psalm 4
    8 In peace I will both lie down and sleep,
    For You alone, O LORD, make me to dwell in safety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Sometimes, it is difficult to stop and think before I talk - or just bite my tongue until I am not speaking out of emotion. I like this one:

    "We have happy memories of the godly,
    but the name of a wicked person rots away."

    I have so many good memories of people and so few bad ones. I guess most people don't have much wickedness in them - or, at least not enough for me to remember.

    ReplyDelete