Monday, May 14, 2012

May 14, Day 135 - Acts 14

Click here to go to Acts 14

As I read about the Jews that seemed to follow Paul and Barnabas stirring up trouble, I think about the fact that even today we have people in the church that seem to stir up trouble when God is working. But thankfully this didn't stop Paul and Barnabas, they continued on faithfully pointing people to Jesus Christ and His gift of salvation. 

I forgot to mention in yesterday's post, I pray that all our Mothers had a special day.  I had a wonderful day if you want to see some of my pictures from my second annual Mother's Day hike you can visit www.magnusonhouse.com

Blessings dear ones!

2 comments:

  1. Acts 14
    What stuck out to me today was reading how they returned to the places where they had strong opposition to encourage believers there. Mighty is our God!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOxTPZX7vsM

    Yes, hope all of you had a wonderful day! Blessings in the Name of Jesus Christ, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. "11 When the crowd saw what Paul had done, they shouted in their local dialect, “These men are gods in human form!” 12 They decided that Barnabas was the Greek god Zeus and that Paul was Hermes, since he was the chief speaker. 13 Now the temple of Zeus was located just outside the town. So the priest of the temple and the crowd brought bulls and wreaths of flowers to the town gates, and they prepared to offer sacrifices to the apostles."

    I don't know why, but picturing this made me laugh. I can just imagine how awkward it must have been for Paul and Barnabas. Again, something I hadn't remembered. It is fascinating how people will believe what they want to based on their own perspective.

    ReplyDelete