Tuesday, June 12, 2012

June 12, Day 164 - Romans 7

Click here to go to Romans 7

I think the end of this chapter is one of the most meaningful ones to me so far in Romans. Here you have Paul talking about his struggle with sin.  I love this verse:  I have discovered this principle of life—that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. (21)  That's how I feel so often yet as Paul says so well, "Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord." (25a) 


As Paul continues in this letter he gives us more keys to living life the way God wants us to.  



2 comments:

  1. "13 But how can that be? Did the law, which is good, cause my death? Of course not! Sin used what was good to bring about my condemnation to death. So we can see how terrible sin really is. It uses God’s good commands for its own evil purposes."

    It seems to be human nature to want to do the things which are forbidden. It reminds me of raising kids. You tell them, "Don't go there." And, the first thing they want to do is "go there." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romans 7
    25a I thank God that our Lord Jesus Christ rescues me!

    Ten thou shall nots in the old covenant; two thou shalls in the new!! "No-no's" and "yes-yeses." Which ones are doable? He has written the words in our hearts and not on tablets of stone.

    Hebrews 8
    10 But this is the promise that I will make to Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put my teachings inside them, and I will write those teachings on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

    In our own self we are unable to keep the law.

    I Corinthians 15
    57 But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete