Tuesday, June 5, 2012

June 5, Day 157 - Romans 2

Click here to go to Romans 2

This chapter was hard for me.  But the one thing I love is at the end of the chapter in verses 28 and 29:

28 For you are not a true Jew just because you were born of Jewish parents or because you have gone through the ceremony of circumcision. 29 No, a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God. And true circumcision is not merely obeying the letter of the law; rather, it is a change of heart produced by God’s Spirit. And a person with a changed heart seeks praise from God, not from people.

Specifically verse 29, a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God.  We know that the Jews were God's chosen people so it just reinforces that we are God's chosen also.  Some times it is nice to have the reminder.


2 comments:

  1. Romans 2
    1 No matter who you are, if you judge anyone, you have no excuse. When you judge another person, you condemn yourself, since you, the judge, do the same things.

    I have found that things I find fault with or scorn in other people, are weaknesses I have in myself for it to be such a thorn to me. A self-righteous judgment of why don't they do something about it to "Oh, I would never do that." Be careful of your thoughts or words exposing your heart!

    Luke 6:37-42, Matthew 7:1-5
    Luke 6
    41 “Why do you see the piece of sawdust in another believer’s eye and not notice the wooden beam in your own eye?

    I need to search my own heart. A warning of seeing me as others see me or what I secret in my own heart. Lord, forgive me for judging others for in so doing I condemn myself.

    Psalm 51
    7 Purify me from sin with hyssop, and I will be clean. Wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.

    Isaiah 1
    18 “Come now, let’s settle this,”
    says the LORD.
    “Though your sins are like scarlet,
    I will make them as white as snow.
    Though they are red like crimson,
    I will make them as white as wool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 Don’t you see how wonderfully kind, tolerant, and patient God is with you? Does this mean nothing to you? Can’t you see that his kindness is intended to turn you from your sin?

    That is the verse that stood out most for me.

    ReplyDelete