Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day 63 - Proverbs 5

Click here to access Proverbs 5

This is a tough chapter for me and I'm not 100% sure why. But the first verse that really struck me hard was the last verse: He will die for lack of self-control;he will be lost because of his great foolishness. I struggle with my weight, I love food, the richer the better and carbs are a staple in my diet. Yet it is so true a person who lacks self-control in their diet will die....  hmm, maybe this is a verse I need to "chew" on for awhile (and yes the pun was intended-sorry)


How about you? What do you think about the women portrayed in chapter 5?
Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. I think you're right that we could substitute any temptation into this chapter and the advice would hold. It allures, it draws us in--but following it is death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proverbs 5
    1b-2 Open your ears to My understanding so that you may act with foresight and speak with insight.

    6 She doesn’t even think about the path of life. Her steps wander, and she doesn’t realize it.

    Off the path. Veering off slightly, is like the tale of the frog in water, turning up the heat gradually until it cooks to death. Applying to any turning away, however slight. Amos 7:7,8 "Behold, I will set a plumb line in the midst of My people." An arrow off target from the bow, the further out it goes, the farther apart it becomes. His Word is our "plumb line."

    ~*~ Open your ears to My understanding ~*~

    Staying close to His measure, will avoid wandering off, in thinking and who we profess "to ourselves" to be

    ~*~ so that you may act with foresight and speak with insight ~*~

    will keep us close on the path He has for us.

    ReplyDelete