Friday, March 16, 2012

March 16, Day 76 - Mark 13

Click here to go to Mark 13

As I read Jesus' words of warning about false prophets and the signs of the end of time. I think about the things happening in our world and I am reminded of the importance of Jesus final words in this chapter:
You, too, must keep watch! For you don’t know when the master of the household will return—in the evening, at midnight, before dawn, or at daybreak. 36Don’t let him find you sleeping when he arrives without warning. 37 I say to you what I say to everyone: Watch for him!” 


http://www.lavistachurchofchrist.org/Pictures/Standard%20Bible%20Story%20Readers,%20Book%20Two/target70.html 

2 comments:

  1. This chapter tells me that it is very important to always forgive, ask for forgiveness and have compassion for our neighbors. Not only do we not know when the world as we know it will end, but we don't know each day if it is our last or the last of someone we love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark 13
    23 Be on your guard! I have told you everything before it happens.

    I am thankful for the Lord's instruction. Throughout His Word, He teaches us what we need to know and understand. Our very lives are in His hands. Who better to direct us than He!

    ReplyDelete