Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day 64 - Psalm 19

Click here to go to Psalm 19:1

From The Voice verses 7-10:
The Eternal One's law is perfect, turning lives around.
His Words are reliable and true, instilling wisdom to open minds.
The Eternal One's directions are correct, giving satisfaction to the heart. God's commandments are clear, lending clarity to the eyes.
The awe of the Eternal is clean, sustaining for all of eternity. The Eternal's decisions are sound; they are right through and through.
They are worth more than gold - even more than abundant, pure gold.
They are sweeter to the tongue than honey or drippings of the honeycomb.


Then ending with verse 14:
May the words that come out of my mouth and the musings of my heart meet with Your gracious approval, O Eternal One, my Rock, O Eternal One, my Redeemer.


I love "His Words are reliable and true, instilling wisdom to open minds."  How I need wisdom and it's good to be reminded that His Words are indeed reliable and true.


541521: The Voice of Psalms The Voice of Psalms
By Thomas Nelson

The book of Psalms is full of praise, wisdom, comfort, strength, advice, and wisdom for daily living. The Voice of Psalms features the entire book of Psalms in The Voice &#153 translation, insightful comments, life application, and readings for the Advent and Lenten seasons - 28 for Advent and 40 for Lent. Paperback.

1 comment:

  1. Psalm 19. What a beautiful Psalm!!

    It is good to be back. I look forward to catching up on readings and postings together.

    My husband's brother knew us as the week progressed. We prayed over him when we arrived, as the family was being called in. I believe his spirit man heard and we know the Lord touched him. We are home. Thank you, each one, for your prayers. God is so good. He loves each one of us so much. His niece told him she was praying for him, and he responded, "Yes, pray." Jim's kidneys are failing and he will be placed in hospice tomorrow from the hospital with a projected two weeks to live.

    I love the first part of this Psalm, how creation exhibits His praises! 1-6

    * The heavens declare the glory of God
    * The sky displays what His hands have made
    * One day tells a story to the next
    * One night shares knowledge with the next
    * Without talking
    * Without words
    * Without their voices being heard
    Yet, their sound has gone out into the entire world ~*~ Their message to the ends of the earth

    Pure poetry!! ~*~ and on to the sun and it's containment and purpose

    on ~*~ to us! 7-9
    The teachings of the Lord are perfect.
    They renew the soul.
    ~*~
    The testimony of the Lord is dependable.
    It makes gullible people wise.
    ~*~
    The instructions of the Lord are correct.
    They make the heart rejoice.
    ~*~
    The command of the Lord is radiant.
    It makes the eyes shine.
    ~*~
    The fear of the Lord is pure.
    It endures forever.
    ~*~
    The decisions of the Lord are true.
    They are completely fair.
    ~*~
    And it doesn't stop there!!

    12 Who can notice every mistake? Forgive my hidden faults.

    Thank You, Lord, that You reveal Truth to us.
    Psalm 139:23,24 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends You, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.

    ReplyDelete