Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 10, January 10, John 8

Click here to go to today's reading


So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, "If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." (31,32)

How many times have we heard "you will know the truth and the truth will set you free" but not verse 31, "If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples..." I think John is telling us if we don't spend time in God's Word you won't know the truth. 


1 comment:

  1. John 8
    23 Jesus said to them, “You’re from below. I’m from above. You’re from this world. I’m not from this world.
    24 For this reason I told you that you’ll die because of your sins. If you don’t believe that I am the one, you’ll die because of your sins.”

    Acts 4:12
    And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

    34 Jesus answered them, “I can guarantee this truth: Whoever lives a sinful life is a slave to sin.
    35 A slave doesn’t live in the home forever, but a son does. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be absolutely free.

    43 Why don’t you understand the language I use? Is it because you can’t understand the words I use?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eygJlLn3vwc
    When I Speak Your Name - Indiana Bible College IBC

    ReplyDelete