Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 14, January 14 - John 10

Click here to go to today's reading

Jesus the good shepherd. I love verse 17 - Where Jesus says, "...I lay down my life that I may take it up again."
Jesus made the choice to die for us.
The whole imagery of Jesus as a shepherd is such a great one. When you think about how a shepherd would care for his sheep. He made sure they had food and water. A safe place to sleep and kept them from danger. Of course there's all the talk about how dumb sheep are and how the shepherd leads them every step of the way. So fits us!  And that's how Jesus wants us to live our life. Following His voice and allowing Him to lead us.


1 comment:

  1. John 10
    16 I also have other sheep that are not from this pen. I must lead them. They, too, will respond to my voice. So they will be one flock with one shepherd.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEMh4OrepnQ
    Whosoever Will May Come ~ The Trammells

    ReplyDelete