Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day 29, January 29 - John 21

Click here to go to today's reading

I love the story of them going fishing and catching nothing all night, yet this guy on the beach (which they don't seem to realize is Jesus just yet) tells them to throw their nets over the side one more time. They obey and catch more fish than they can handle!

Isn't God like that so often? He ask us to do something and when we listen and obey he does so much more than we could anticipate.

I love the reminder that this Gospel (as well as the other I'm sure) doesn't tell everything that Jesus did. Can you imagine the stories that are to be told?!?!

I leave for a conference tomorrow. I should have internet access at the hotel, but on the chance there's a problem. I'm going to set the next several days to post with at least the link to the scriptures. Hopefully I'll be able to give my thoughts and feelings. If not, I hope to hear from you guys.

Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. John 21
    11 Simon Peter got into the boat and pulled the net ashore. Though the net was filled with 153 large fish, it was not torn.

    Matthew 10:30
    Every hair on your head has been counted.

    I love the exactness of God's Word.

    John 21
    14 This was the third time that Jesus showed himself to the disciples after he had come back to life.

    18 "I can guarantee this truth: When you were young, you would get ready to go where you wanted. But when you’re old, you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will get you ready to take you where you don’t want to go.”
    19 Jesus said this to show by what kind of death Peter would bring glory to God. After saying this, Jesus told Peter, “Follow me!”

    Although this is likely true on its own (vs 18), another reason not to take Scripture out of sequence, or alone out of context.

    21 When Peter saw him, he asked Jesus, “Lord, what about him?” 22 Jesus said to Peter, “If I want him to live until I come again, how does that concern you? Follow me!”

    We are each individual before the Lord. No comparison between us. We each are responsible to live our life before the Lord following His direction.

    Jeremiah 29:11 The Voice
    For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Eternal, “plans for peace, not evil, to give you a future and hope—never forget that.

    He created me. He knows my life. He has seen to the end of it here on earth, and comes alongside to walk through it with me.

    ReplyDelete