Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 17, January 17 - John 13

Click here to go to today's reading

The thing jumped out at me today. One in the story of Jesus washing the disciples' feet and Peter's response. (vv6-10). How often are we like Peter and don't want the help of others. I've always attended a small church where people are involved with each other. For example, when we had our first child the church planned to provide us meals. At first my husband was like, "No, I don't want them to do that. We can take care of it ourselves." Like Peter, I think it was a little bit of a pride issue. I reminded him, we need to let our brothers and sisters minister to us in this way. I think they brought food in the first week. I think if we would have asked them to bring food for us the first month it would have been like Peter saying "Wash me all Lord!" (the Holly paraphrase).


1 comment:

  1. John 13
    19 I’m telling you now before it happens. Then, when it happens, you will believe that I am the one.

    I am so thankful for the assurance in God's Word.

    ReplyDelete