Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day 19, January 19 - Psalm 8 & 9

Click here to go to today's reading

When I gaze to the skies and meditate on Your creation - on the moon, stars and all You have made, I can't help but wonder why You care about mortals sons and daughters of men - specks of dust floating about the cosmos. (8:3,4)

It is so true when we look at all of God's creation you have to wonder why God cares for us, yet the truth is He does. This passage reminds me that there is a God that created everything we see, yet loves us personally and intimately.


1 comment:

  1. Psalm 8
    2 From the mouths of little children and infants, you have built a fortress against your opponents to silence the enemy and the avenger.

    6-8 You have made him rule what your hands created. You have put everything under his control: all the sheep and cattle, the wild animals, the birds, the fish, whatever swims in the currents of the seas.

    How sweet this is today. I cared for a family with four children and took Noah's Ark coloring pages and Jonah and the great fish, reading and talking about how these apply in our lives. We cut and pasted National Geographic photos of birds and mammals for each child's cardboard page, and wrote Jonah 1:17 under a double-page whale photo for a poster page.

    4-5 what is a mortal that you remember him or the Son of Man that you take care of him? You have made him a little lower than yourself. You have crowned him with glory and honor.

    And "Crowned One" is the meaning of our youngest daughter's name.

    Psalm 9
    1-2 I will give you thanks, O Lord, with all my heart. I will tell about all the miracles you have done. I will find joy and be glad about you. I will make music to praise your name, O Most High.

    ReplyDelete