Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day 6, January 6, Psalm 3 & 4

Click here to go to today's reading

There are some encouraging verses in these chapters:

I lie down at night and fall asleep. I awake in the morning - healthy, strong, vibrant - because the Eternal supports me. (3:5)

Tonight I will sleep securely on a bed of peace because I trust You, You alone, O Eternal One, will keep me safe. (4:8)

The devotional book I am using this year from the Psalms tells us about Psalm 3 -
In the 16th century the Huguenots of France were known for their Psalm singing. They sang when they ate, they sang when they worked, they sang when they worshipped. They even sang when they were persecuted and when they went into battle. ... Chanting Psalm 3 signaled danger. Whenever a Huguenot heard this Psalm, he knew an attack by the enemy was imminent.
The One Year Book of Psalms.

1 comment:

  1. Psalm 3
    3 But you, O Lord, are a shield about me,
    my glory, and the lifter of my head.
    4 I cried aloud to the Lord,
    and he answered me from his holy hill. Selah

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB6cFqCBMAE
    Thou Art a Shield for Me ~ Byron Case

    6 I will not be afraid of many thousands of people who have set themselves against me all around.

    8 Salvation belongs to the Lord;
    your blessing be on your people! Selah

    Psalm 4
    3 But know that the Lord has set apart the godly for himself;
    the Lord hears when I call to him.
    4 Be angry, and do not sin;
    ponder in your own hearts on your beds, and be silent. Selah
    5 Offer right sacrifices,
    and put your trust in the Lord.

    7 You have put more joy in my heart
    than they have when their grain and wine abound.
    8 In peace I will both lie down and sleep;
    for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.

    ReplyDelete