Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 2 - Psalm 1

The YouVersion Reading plan has today as a "free" reading day. So I wanted to take a look at Psalm 1.
To read Psalm 1 click here

One of the reason I picked this chapter is verse 2 -  But they delight in the law of the LORD,
meditating on it day and night. It comes with a promise in verse 3 -
They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do.

Now, don't assume that the writer means "prosper" in the same way we do. Prosperity can mean so much more than financial. 

The other amazing promise is in verse 6 - For the LORD watches over the path of the godly,
but the path of the wicked leads to destruction. 



The Lord watches over the path of the godly.... 

4 comments:

  1. Last year in my study, I kept coming across water themes--so that caught my attention in verse 3, that we're planted by rivers of water--the life-giving flow of the Lord. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~*~ Psalm 1:3b ~*~ "... produces fruit in season and whose leaves do not wither." God's Word.
    Bearing at the proper time, not withering because the Lord has prepared us ... for such a time as this. In grief, the Lord strengthens us. In sorrow, He gives us His joy. In growth, He gives us His assurance. In season. Not out of season. Not dormant, but alive. At rest in Him. My son died in June. The Lord has sustained me. I trust Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lane Hill House, I'm so sorry to hear about your son! I'll be praying that that sustenance from the Lord keeps on coming, that you keep resting in the shelter of His wings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the promises for the godly.

    ReplyDelete