Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 20 - John 14

Click here to read today's passage
(Click "View in Bible Reader" to access the entire chapter)

Don't let your heart be troubled...
I am leaving you a gift... peace of mind and heart

I will ask the Father to give you an Advocate...
He (the Holy Spirit) will teach you everything and remind you of everything I've told you...

WOW! I love the passage that talks about the Holy Spirit and how He will teach me EVERYTHING and how He reminds me of EVERYTHING Jesus taught me.

I also wonder if Jesus was a little discouraged by some of the dialog with the disciples and the fact that they still didn't "get it." But it also reminds me that God works with ordinary, thick-headed people like me.

Another chapter rich with promises and instructions. 

3 comments:

  1. All of the promises! The assurances! The power!

    4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

    Because He has revealed it to us! His Truth unto each generation is made known as we receive Him.

    18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
    26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

    His peace, His presence. Available to us today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an awesome chapter! So much in it, and I too love all the information about the Holy Spirit.

    During a video Bible study a few years ago, I also finally got the information that made sense of the "in my father's house are many mansions" part--back then, a son didn't move away from his father's house, he added onto it. Separate entrances, but still part of the same house, and the son could build his portion however he pleased. So as a family grew, the house grew, with each family within having its own house attached to the first. Loved learning that!

    ReplyDelete