Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 8–John 6

The link for today’s reading: http://www.youversion.com/reading-plans/project-345/8

The feeding of the 5000+ (5000 men plus women and children) would have been something to see. Probably only a few people knew that they started with a few loaves and fish.

This is a tough chapter. Jesus is telling us that He is the bread of life and he commands that we must eat His flesh. That was really tough for people to understand during Jesus day. It’s hard for us as well.  But one thing we can realize is that sometimes what God ask of us is tough. And we’ll see people walk away from Jesus because they feel it’s too hard. I don’t want to be one of those, I want to stick it out to the end.

2 comments:

  1. I think of this "eating flesh" and "drinking blood" as a metaphor for believing so deeply that Jesus becomes a part of me. And, yes, that is sometimes difficult to do. There are so many distractions in this world.

    The feeding of the 5000+ reminds me that there is plenty in this world for all - both physically and spiritually. But, we must trust and share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will we follow our own way, or believe Him?

    63 Life is spiritual. Your physical existence doesn’t contribute to that life. The words that I have spoken to you are spiritual. They are life.
    66 Jesus’ speech made many of his disciples go back to the lives they had led before they followed Jesus.

    How sad is this. It is so much better to serve the Lord. We do not follow Him in our own strength for we cannot. When I was a new believer, I went back to my life feeling, “I can't do this.” How right I was! Thankfully, the Lord continued to woo me and little by little my strength grew as my faith increased. I am in my 39th year of following Him. His Word is Truth.

    ReplyDelete