Monday, January 9, 2012

Day 9 - Psalm 4

If you've missed a day and need to catch up that's what today is designed for, however, if you're still on track. Turn to Psalm 4.


Click here to read Psalm 4 on YouVersion

This Psalm has so many promises and words of encouragement in it. A few years back I was dealing with a couple of people serving in the ministry that I was leading who were constantly complaining to the Pastor about me. It took a year and praying through these Psalms to get me through that time.

I love the reminder in Verse 4: Don’t sin by letting anger control you. Think about it overnight and remain silent.
How many times do I open my mouth when I'm mad and make the situation worse. Think about it overnight and remain silent. 
Verse 5 is another great reminder: Offer sacrifices in the right spirit, and trust the LORD I think the passage speaks for itself.
And finally, verse 8 - In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O LORD, will keep me safe.  Again, this scripture is pretty straightforward, but it's good to be reminded.


What do you hear from God when you read through this chapter?

3 comments:

  1. The thing I love about the psalms, which is evident in this one too, is that it starts with a cry from the heart and ends with the encouragement given by the Lord. I like how here the psalmist says the Lord has put gladness in his heart, where in the beginning he mentioned the distress that caused him to call out to the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psalm 4
    7a You put more joy in my heart and Psalm 119:111 “Your written instructions are mine forever. They are the joy of my heart.”
    8b … because You alone, O Lord, enable me to live securely reminds me of Ezekiel 34:25 “I will make a covenant of peace with them and eliminate harmful beasts from the land so that they may live securely in the wilderness and sleep in the woods.” I love God's Promises!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a good bedtime prayer! I liked reading all of your comments and resonate with them.

    ReplyDelete