Monday, January 30, 2012

Day 30 - Proverbs 4

Click here for today's reading

Proverbs 4 - Get wisdom, develop good judgement. Kind of a nice to know that judgement is something we can develop. Sometimes I feel like my judgement is just rotten, but there is hope. The author mentions it twice in this chapter.

Again this chapter continues to focus on the importance of wisdom.  I love verse 7 - Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do! 


One thing that I noticed in this chapter is the fact that wisdom is something we have to actively pursue. We don't just sit back and wait for it to come, we are to embrace it, take hold of it, and guard it. One of the ways is reading God's Word and sharing thoughts about it.


What other things are there in this passage.



3 comments:

  1. Proverbs 4:23 Guard your heart more than anything else, because the source of your life flows from it.
    This was on our refrigerator for the longest time ~*~ for out of it flows the issues of life, and
    Proverbs 27:19 As a face is reflected in water, so a person is reflected by his heart.
    Psalm 119:11 Thy Word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against Thee.
    Psalm 119:111 Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage for ever for they are the rejoicing of my heart.
    Matthew 12:34, Luke 6:45; out of the heart the mouth speaks.

    Guard your heart with His tender love and mercies that are new every morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Him that His tender love and mercies are new every morning. He's so good to us!

      Delete
  2. I agree. I like verse 23 the best. It sums it all up.

    Also, I like that Wisdom is referred to as "she". With so many "he" references and "man", it is nice to have something positive in the Bible that is "she".

    ReplyDelete