Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day 31 - Psalm 13

Click here to read today's passage (Remember to click on the "View in Bible Reader" to see the entire chapter)

This chapter starts with the proclamation of  O LORD, how long will you forget me? Forever? (v1) Verses 1 - 4 the writer is very down, hurting, feeling like God has deserted him. Yet, in verses 5 & 6 there is a new tone to the passage when the Psalmist writes: But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me.6 I will sing to the LORD because he is good to me.

Two things that this passages tells me. One, it's okay to be frustrated and "down" questioning God and feeling like He's deserted you. But we can't forget the second thing, I trust in Your unfailing love. God is good!  Even in the darkest days, I need to remember to sing to the Lord. 

 

2 comments:

  1. Psalm 13
    5b I will rejoice because you have rescued me.
    6a I will sing

    I am so thankful the Lord has rescued me! He makes my heart glad. I am able to sing because I trust in Your unfailing love.

    "God is good! All the time! He put a song of praise in this heart of mine!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the dichotomy of this! It really does tell me that yes, sometimes we're going to feel down. But salvation (which is the word the NKJV uses for "rescue") isn't about FEELING. It's factual. The fact is that the Lord is good--even when we don't feel it.

    ReplyDelete