Tuesday, July 17, 2012

July 17, Day 199 - 1 Corinthians 16

Click here to go to 1 Corinthians 16

Paul ends this first letter to  the Corinthians with words of encouragement.  I find interesting his words regarding Timothy in verses 10 and 11:

10 When Timothy comes, don’t intimidate him. He is doing the Lord’s work, just as I am. 11 Don’t let anyone treat him with contempt. Send him on his way with your blessing when he returns to me. I expect him to come with the other believers.

 I'm assuming it has to do with Timothy still being young.

I also like verse 13 and 14:  Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong. 14 And do everything with love.

Truly words that we should always live by.  

Be Blessed! 



2 comments:

  1. I like how he acknowledges the people that are helping with the ministry and the sacrifices they are making.

    "18 They have been a wonderful encouragement to me, as they have been to you. You must show your appreciation to all who serve so well."

    Do we show that same appreciation for those that devote their time and resources to the Church? It is a good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 Corinthians 16
    6b I might even spend the winter.

    Winter. The time of refreshment, regrowth, renewal. Remembering. All of the re- words! How good the Lord is to restore us! Renewing us in His promises.

    I might even spend the winter. Come Lord Jesus.

    ReplyDelete