Saturday, July 7, 2012

July 7, Day 189 - Psalm 84

Click here to go to Psalm 84

Another Psalm rich with imagery of God and our response to Him.

From the Voice verse 2:
How I log to be there - my soul is spent, wanting, waiting to walk in the courts of the Eternal.
My whole being sings joyfully to the living God.

Verse 5:
Blessed are those who make You their strength, for they treasure every step of the journey [to Zion].
Verse 7:
They journey from place to place, gaining strength along the way.

Sometimes we want to stop, but here the Psalmist reminds us we can gain strength along the journey. In previous verses (4) we are reminded that those who make God's house their home he lives with us.

Such encouragement for me in this chapter.

I'm on work/vacation trip next week.  I hope to get all the ones done and scheduled to post.
Blessings all!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Holly, blessings on you!

    Psalm 84
    10a One day in Your courtyards is better than a thousand anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete