Thursday, July 19, 2012

July 19, Day 201 - 2 Corinthians 2

Click here to go to 2 Corinthians 2

Forgiving someone who has hurt the body of Christ. In my experience there haven't been many times when we've had people who "hurt" our church. Those who have caused problems in churches I've been out tend to leave.

I liked how he ends the chapter (OK I do know that Paul didn't end the chapter there but that was done many years later):
You see, we are not like the many hucksters who preach for personal profit. We preach the word of God with sincerity and with Christ’s authority, knowing that God is watching us.

I'm thankful for ministers who preach the word of God with sincerity... knowing that God is watching...

Be blessed!

3 comments:

  1. I love the imagery Paul uses at the end, about how the knowledge of the Lord should be a sweet fragrance for us, and how we should then be the same to God through Christ.

    We're getting into honeysuckle season here, and every time I catch a whiff of it, it makes me pause and smile. A good reminder of what the Word of God should do for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very interesting chapter and one I haven't heard quoted often. This is a very good reminder for us to forgive and move on lest we wallow in the negative.

    "7 Now, however, it is time to forgive and comfort him. Otherwise he may be overcome by discouragement. 8 So I urge you now to reaffirm your love for him."

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 Corinthians 2
    10-11 But one whom you forgive anything, I forgive also; for indeed what I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, I did it for your sakes in the presence of Christ, so that no advantage would be taken of us by Satan, for we are not ignorant of his schemes.

    Satan wants to separate and divide. We are not to "borrow offenses" from something that does not pertain to us. Forgiving and going on instead of harboring ill will against each other.

    There is unresolved division resulting from decisions I made when my son died last year. Calls are being refused to meet to be with our granddaughter, with both believers. Two sides; separated from each other.

    ReplyDelete