Wednesday, July 25, 2012

July 25, Day 207 - 2 Corinthians 6

Click here to go to 2 Corinthians 6

Two things jumped out at me, verse 1: As God’s partners, we beg you not to accept this marvelous gift of God’s kindness and then ignore it.

God gives us a marvelous gift, salvation, but how often do we ignore it.  This verse had never jumped out at me before. 

The other verse I've heard many times before, but need to be reminded over and over again, verse 16:
And what union can there be between God’s temple and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God said:
“I will live in them
    and walk among them.
I will be their God,
    and they will be my people.

Paul was encouraging the Corinthians not to get involved with idol worshipers, sinners and the like. We are a God's temple He lives in us. 
Let me clarify I think we need to be involved in our world to reach those who don't yet know Christ, I think Paul is telling us not to spend more time with them than our Christian brothers and sisters.

There are some other good things here...
Be Blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Holly writes:
    "Paul was encouraging the Corinthians not to get involved with idol worshipers, sinners and the like. We are a God's temple He lives in us.
    Let me clarify I think we need to be involved in our world to reach those who don't yet know Christ, I think Paul is telling us not to spend more time with them than our Christian brothers and sisters."

    I like that interpretation, Holly. And, I am reminded that we are all idol worshippers and sinners sometimes, so I must also remember ask forgiveness for that and not think myself above others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 Corinthians 6 (The Voice)
    7-9a Now with the voice of truth and power of God--armed on the right and armed on the left with righteousness from God--we continue. Whether respected or loathed, praised or criticized as frauds, yet true, as unknown to this world, and yet well known to God, we serve Him.
    14a Don't develop partnerships with those who are not followers of Jesus' teachings.

    ReplyDelete