Tuesday, July 3, 2012

July 3, Day 185 - 1 Corinthians 6

Click here to go to 1 Corinthians 6

Paul again address serious issues within the Corinthian church.

The thing that jumps at me right now is in verses 12 through 14:
12 You say, “I am allowed to do anything”—but not everything is good for you. And even though “I am allowed to do anything,” I must not become a slave to anything. 13 You say, “Food was made for the stomach, and the stomach for food.” (This is true, though someday God will do away with both of them.) But you can’t say that our bodies were made for sexual immorality. They were made for the Lord, and the Lord cares about our bodies. 14 And God will raise us from the dead by his power, just as he raised our Lord from the dead.

Not everything is good for you.  Ain't that the truth!  I must not become a slave to anything.  I won't go into all the details here, but this passage really hits home.  

Thankfully we have the promise that God will raise us from the dead by his power.  Thank you Lord!

1 comment:

  1. 1 Corinthians 6
    11 That’s what some of you were! But you have been washed and made holy, and you have received God’s approval in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

    I am so thankful that the Lord called me to be His own!

    ReplyDelete