Sunday, July 22, 2012

July 22, Day 204 - Psalm 91

Click here to go to Psalm 91

This is a great Psalm to read when you are feeling afraid. There is so much encouragement here. I love the imaginary. Here are some of the verses from The Voice.

(1) He who takes refuge in the shelter of the Most High will be safe in the shadow of the Almighty.

(4) Like a bird  protecting its young God will cover you with His feathers, will protect you under His great wings; His faithfulness will form a shield around you, a rock-solid wall to protect you.

(11) He will command His heavenly messengers to guard you to keep you safe in every way.

In light of what happened Thursday night in Colorado, many people are surely questioning is that verse really true.  I admit I struggle with some of the things that happen in this world. I hope and pray I never loose hope in the faithfulness of God.

Be Blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, a very comforting chapter. I don't know what to say about the evil in this world. It doesn't come from a loving God, that's for sure. I think all through the Bible, we have examples of bad things happening to people.

    I think maybe the lesson of this chapter is to not give up hope. There is so much good in life and it can overcome the evil if we don't give up and we seek comfort under his wings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psalm 91
    I cannot read this Psalm without thinking of Elisabeth Eliot, my dear sister mentor. Christ-given wisdom.

    1-2 Whoever lives under the shelter of the Most High will remain in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the LORD, “You are my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust.”

    Underneath are the everlasting arms...

    How He loves us so much. More than we can ever comprehend here on earth. One day we will see Him face-to-face and behold all of His glory.

    4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge.

    Deuteronomy 33:27. “The Eternal God is Thy refuge” ~ The best place to be is under the wings care of the Eternal God. Fondly remembering Elisabeth Elliot stating this verse in full on her Gateway to Joy program each day, “The Eternal God is your refuge and underneath are the everlasting arms.” What a comfort to dwell under the shadow of the Almighty.

    Psalm 91
    14-16 Because you love me, I will rescue you. I will protect you because you know my name. When you call to me, I will answer you. I will be with you when you are in trouble. I will save you and honor you. I will satisfy you with a long life. I will show you how I will save you.

    The Holy Spirit reveals Truth to us. Awesome is His Name!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFEOHUbYTIk
    More Than Enough ~ Vicki Winans

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6oPBKFtJps&feature=related
    Because of Who You Are ~ Vicki Yohe

    ReplyDelete