Monday, July 9, 2012

July 9, Day 191 - 1 Corinthians 10

Click here to go to 1 Corinthians 10

Something that jumped out at me in this chapter is verses 12 and 13:
12 If you think you are standing strong, be careful not to fall. 13 The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.

I need to keep looking for the way out that He gives me.  I'm sure not seeing it most days.  

I like the way this passage ends as well: I, too, try to please everyone in everything I do. I don’t just do what is best for me; I do what is best for others so that many may be saved.

Especially the part "I do what is best for others so that many may be saved."

Be blessed!

3 comments:

  1. Verse 12 is what jumped out at me today too. I read it in the NKJV, which reads: Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.

    So striking! Because so often we think we're doing fine, and that's when we get blindsided. We have to be careful, always, to ground our confidence in Him and not ourselves, otherwise we might just get knocked flat on our faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "31 So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. "

    To me, this is the bottom line. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 Corinthians 10 (The Voice)
    11 All these things happened for a reason: to sound a warning. They were written down and passed down to us to teach us. They were meant especially for us because the beginning of the end is happening in our time.

    21 You can't hold the holy cup of the Lord in one hand and the cup of demons in the other. You can't share in the Lord's table while picking off the altar of demons.

    Mixed messages.

    Revelation 3:14-22
    15-16 I know your works. You are neither cold with apathy nor hot with passion. It would be better if you were one or the other, but you are neither. So because you are lukewarm, neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.

    1 Corinthians 10
    33 Consider my example: I strive to please all people in all my actions and words--but don't think I am in this for myself--their rescued souls are the only profit.

    Not all things to all people, but rather one. Either I follow Christ or I don't. No compromise.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD9W61KZYxk
    Keith Green - So You Wanna Go Back to Egypt

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC2vvncga4U
    Keith Green - No Compromise

    ReplyDelete